Topics

Serious accident on MGB

Martin Baumann

A local train and a car shuttle have collided in a tunnel near Oberwald. First reports indicate there are several casualties.

A picture at blick.ch shows a HGe 4/4 II has hit the side of B 4213

Guerbetaler

Am 03.07.2020 um 12:07 schrieb Martin Baumann:
A local train and a car shuttle have collided in a tunnel near
Oberwald. First reports indicate there are several casualties. A
picture at blick.ch shows a HGe 4/4 II has hit the side of B 4213
Damage to rolling stock seems to be quite important but luckily passengers didn't suffer heavy injuries. The regional train is desribed as having had five coaches, which would be a standard consist of the type Deh - B 4273-88 - B 4211-21 - ABt 4151-59/81-82 - B 4273-88 - ABt 4151-59/93/95

In another picture one can see that the leading ABt is also damaged. Thus I'm afraid that 4 coaches of the Region are badly damaged.

<https://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/mehrere-passagiere-verletzt-zwei-zuege-der-matterhorn-gotthard-bahn-kollidiert-id15968438.html>

Am 03.07.2020 um 20:30 schrieb Guerbetaler:
Damage to rolling stock seems to be quite important
Looking at this picture, I'm afraid that B 4213 can't be repaired. Perhaps the bogies can be reused...

<http://www.bahnonline.ch/bo/71595/mgb-kollision-zweier-zuege-im-tunnel-nahe-oberwald-vs.htm>

It was also reported that an employee of MGB had been brought to Sion hospital by helicopter. Maybe this was the driver in the HGe, maybe this was the conductor of the Regio. The driver of the Regio sat on the left side and the train was hit on the right side.

The damaged loco is 105

Guerbetaler

Am 04.07.2020 um 17:04 schrieb Martin Baumann:
The damaged loco is 105
You forgot one word:

The damaged loco is probably 105

stewartjwells

Is the loco confirmed as 105? Any word on how badly damaged?

Guerbetaler

Am 10.07.2020 um 00:20 schrieb stewartjwells:
Is the loco confirmed as 105? Any word on how badly damaged?
Somebody said it is 105. Maybe it's true.

The locomotive is still in Oberwald, so it seems that it is difficult to move it (over the rack) to Brig. All other vehicles were brought away, the eastern half of 4213 obviously on a lorry.

You can move the picture of the webcam of Oberwald to the staion area
https://obergoms.roundshot.com/oberwald/#/
and you can also see older pictures by choosing date and time.

A little screenshot from Thursday 17:00 showing the HGe is attached.

Markus

Stefan Dringenberg

Hi,

Am 10.07.2020 um 02:05 schrieb Guerbetaler <guerbetaler@...>:

Somebody said it is 105. Maybe it's true.

The locomotive is still in Oberwald, so it seems that it is difficult to move it (over the rack) to Brig. All other vehicles were brought away, the eastern half of 4213 obviously on a lorry.
It is definitly 105, have seen it on Monday in Oberwald. The front was covered.

Stefan

tudor erich

So 105 and 4213.
Can anyone identify the other three personwagen for sure?

Guerbetaler

Am 10.07.2020 um 11:32 schrieb tudor erich via groups.io:
So 105 and 4213.
Can anyone identify the other three personwagen for sure?
From the Oberwald webcam it is certain that two ABt 4151-54 and two B 4273-88 were involved. Looking at the front painting of the first ABt it must have been 4154. The second ABt was said to probably be 4152. We'll see, which ones are NOT around. I'm not clear if the Deh, that led the two ABt and on B to Brig was the one involved. It was one of 91-96.

Markus

stewartjwells

Confirmed with my own eyes today as 105.

Toma Bacic

The car shuttle train was 2428, right? What is the timetable of that train?

regards
toma

Guerbetaler

Am 11.07.2020 um 11:32 schrieb Toma Bacic:
The car shuttle train was 2428, right? What is the timetable of that train?
You find it in the graphic timetable
<https://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/en/archives/train-graphs.html>

From the MGB website we learn that "due to reduced vehicle availability" the half-hourly car shuttles, which normally run from Friday - Sunday, are cancelled.

GEX are working again but at the moment with only one pair of trains, the 902/903. 904/905 are announced to work from 18th July. No word about 900/907 (Zermatt - Chur - Zermatt) and 901/906 (St. Moritz - Brig - St. Moritz), obviously completely cancelled.

BTW, PE 900 would have followed A 2428 at block distance.

As reported on BAHNFORUM SCHWEIZ the formation of the Regional Train in the accident was as follows:

4154 - 4283 - 4153 - 4213 - 4279 - 95

Martin Baumann

Schweizer Eisenbahn Revue reports that the accident was caused by the Autozug passing a signal at danger. its composition was 105 plus Skl-v 4802 4822 4820 4821 4825 4826 4806 4801 and BDt 4363

Martin Baumann

105 arrived at Bellinzona works today, I assume to be part of the MGB refurbishment programme.