Sissach

yatton123

Another query prompted by a photograph - this time it's a photo taken spring 2003 at Sissach.
It shows a Re6 running on track set into a road but parallel with the main Basel - Olten line.
I think it's the line that used to run from Sissach station for about 1.5 km towards Basel (south side of the main line).
Does anyone know what this line served ?

Guerbetaler

Am 06.01.2022 um 20:49 schrieb yatton123 via groups.io:
Another query prompted by a photograph - this time it's a photo taken spring 2003 at Sissach.
It shows a Re6 running on track set into a road but parallel with the main Basel - Olten line.
I think it's the line that used to run from Sissach station for about 1.5 km towards Basel (south side of the main line).
Does anyone know what this line served ?
This track can be seen in the 2000 version of the official maps and disappears in the 2006 version.
https://map.geo.admin.ch/?lang=de&topic=ech&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.swissimage&layers=ch.swisstopo.zeitreihen&layers_opacity=1&layers_visibility=true&layers_timestamp=20001231,,,,&E=2627152.88&N=1257329.72&zoom=9

I don't know what it served for but can hardly imagine anything else than excavation loading.

Markus, Gürbetal

George Raymond

Am 06.01.2022 um 20:49 schrieb yatton123 via groups.io:

Another query prompted by a photograph - this time it's a photo taken spring 2003 at Sissach.
It shows a Re6 running on track set into a road but parallel with the main Basel - Olten line.
I think it's the line that used to run from Sissach station for about 1.5 km towards Basel (south side of the main line).
Does anyone know what this line served ?

>This track can be seen in the 2000 version of the official maps and disappears in the 2006 version.
>https://map.geo.admin.ch/?>lang=de&topic=ech&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.swissimage&layers=ch.swisstopo.zeitreihen&layers_opacity=1&layers_visibility=true&layers_timestamp=20001231,,,,&E=2627152.88&N=1257329.72&zoom=9

>I don't know what it served for but can hardly imagine anything else than excavation loading.

I recall seeing this track in the road here from 2000 to 2005 (about). Automatic crossing gates prevented road vehicles from using this section in either direction while a train was coming through. They used the track to (un)load some sort of construction materials in open-topped or dry-bulk wagons, perhaps for an upgrade of the motorway that passes overhead. I passed many times on the train, but never on the motorway. Perhaps someone reading this has more information.

Avast logo

Am 06.01.2022 um 22:08 schrieb Guerbetaler via groups.io:
I don't know what it served for but can hardly imagine anything else than excavation loading.
EA 5/2000: In Schlatt soll eine ehemalige Tongrube mit Ausbruchmaterial des Strassentunnels der Umfahrung Sissach gefüllt werden, wozu ein Anschlussgleis erstellt wird. Ab Mitte 2000 verkehren LOKOOP-bespannte Blockzüge ab Sissach via Olten VL—Regensdorf—Seebach—Schaffhausen nach Schlatt, möglicherweise mit den geleasten, neuen Re 486 (Typ DB-E 145).

EA 6/2001: Die Züge von Sissach nach Schlatt mit Aushub aus dem Chienberg-Strassentunnel (Umfahrung Sissach) fahren seit Februar sporadisch; gefüllt werden die Wagen jeweils am Vormittag. Täglich werden die Züge voraussichtlich nächstes Jahr fahren.

short: Excavation from Chienberg street tunnel was shipped to Schlatt (Thurgau), traction by Lokoop. This company ended its activity on 13 October 2002 and SBBC took over. EA 4/2004 reported that the transports had ended.

Just a general comment about topics like this. It would be helpful to post a link to the photo if you cannot include the photo in the original message.