SOB Revvivo Coach

csipromo

Does anybody have any information/photos of this livery?

http://www.polier.ch/Fotoarchiv/W/WerderR/30/30L-30O/30N-002.jpg
http://www.polier.ch/Fotoarchiv/W/WerderR/30/30L-30O/30N-003.jpg
http://www.polier.ch/Fotoarchiv/W/WerderR/30/30L-30O/30N-004.jpg

This seems to be a prototype livery for what appears to be one of the Revvivo Bistro coaches

Am 27.10.2020 um 04:26 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Does anybody have any information/photos of this livery?
This seems to be a prototype livery for what appears to be one of the Revvivo Bistro coaches
Photos from Werner Hardmeier on DSO. Scroll down 3/4:
<https://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?017,8896642>

This was the first Revvivo when it still was owned by SWG/SIG and tested by BT. It was then sold to SOB and finally adapted as Bistro coach. At the moment of the photo, 1995, it was a normal 2nd class coach. History:

Built 1956 by SIG as one of the four EW1 prototypes
SBB C4ü 6504 then B4ü 6504, B 6504, B 50 85 20-33 103
1995 SWG/SIG B 50 48 21-35 461-1
1996 SOB B 50 47 21-35 461
1997 SOB BR 50 47 85-35 772
2001 SOB BR 50 48 85-35 526-4
2012 SOB BR 50 85 85-35 748-8
2015-01 scrapped

Guerbetaler

Am 27.10.2020 um 04:26 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Does anybody have any information/photos of this livery?
http://www.polier.ch/Fotoarchiv/W/WerderR/30/30L-30O/30N-002.jpg
http://www.polier.ch/Fotoarchiv/W/WerderR/30/30L-30O/30N-003.jpg
http://www.polier.ch/Fotoarchiv/W/WerderR/30/30L-30O/30N-004.jpg
These photos from Ruedi Werder must be from 1996, when the SOB logo had replaced the BT logo and the SIG-X-prototype-bogies had replaced the original SWS-EW-bogies. But the livery was still the fancy scheme from SWG.

Thank you very much for this information. I thought that the first Revvivo coaches were the 1st and 2nd class coaches that were then still painted in the green and beige livery (SOB and BT). At least that was what I learned when I was in Switzerland in 1998. At that point, the EWIV were still being used for the Voralpen Express and the Revvivo coaches could be found with RBDe 566 (SOB)

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/SOB/RBDe566/sob1999100928.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/SOB/car/misc/sob20021226580.jpg

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/SOB/Re456/094-096/sob19981223A.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/SOB/Re456/094-096/sob19981224A.jpg

Most of the photos that I had seen of this early period were taken by Adrian Senn. His photos that were uploaded to railfaneurope.net remain, but the ones that he posted on his own website seem to be no longer accessible for a few years now.

Am 27.10.2020 um 21:54 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Thank you very much for this information. I thought that the first
Revvivo coaches were the 1st and 2nd class coaches that were then
still painted in the green and beige livery (SOB and BT). At least
that was what I learned when I was in Switzerland in 1998. At that
point, the EWIV were still being used for the Voralpen Express and
the Revvivo coaches could be found with RBDe 566 (SOB)
No, the story goes like this:

1991 SOB and BT purchased 3 EW4 consists of 1 A and 3 B to be used in the two hourly trains to Luzern. 1992 the name Voralpenexpress appeared.

SWG Altenrhein produced a prototype Revvivo in 1995, where several elements were tested. In 1996 this coach was bought by SOB and got the SIG-X trial bogies that first had been under an SBB EW II.

1997 a first batch of 10 Revvivos was delivered to SOB and BT to modernize the trains between the VAE, thus one hour you had the VAE with EW4 and in the other hour you had this push-pull consist with Revvivos.
BT used their NPZ-B 381-386, the Bodan saloon coach and the driving trailers were rebuilds from original BT BD 511-518.
<http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/SOB/Re456/094-096/sob19981223A.jpg>
shows BT Re 4/4 - Revvivo A - Revvivo BR - pair of BT B 381-86 - BDt,
thus only two Revvivos.
BT got 1 A and 2 BR
SOB got 2 A, 4 B and 1 BR and added the 1995 prototype as BR
All these coaches were then cream/green

1999 SOB purchased two additional Revvivos, also in cream/green, but keeping their old EW-bogies, to be used in their NPZ (B 808-809)

1999-2000 another 19 Revvivos were delivered, now also to SBB, and all in a new livery. The existing 10 also got the new livery and the two extra coaches from SOB joined the VAE fleet after BT/SOB merger.

All 8 BD 511-518 ex BT had finally been rebuilt as BDt and one driving trailer ex WM was added to the fleet. It had then:
8 A, 16 B, 8 BR plus the Bodan as A and the 9 BDt but Bodan was in SOB livery, not VAE.

2013 all Revvivos went into SOB ownership. Their use ended in Dec 2019.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know specifically about the two extra Revvivo Bs ordered to go with the RBDe 566.
When I first rode the VAE (1998). There was one consist which had a SOB BRD and one EWIVA and three EWIVB. There were 2 other consists, one with SOB BRD, one BT EWIVA and 3 EWIVB, one with BT BRD, EWIVA and EWIVB and AFAIR one that had SBB EWIV coaches and a BT BRD. I think that one consist was held as reserve each day while the remaining sets were in bi-hourly operation.
As far as I remember, two of the original BD had been converted to pilot coaches by the BT (I don't remember the date) and two had been sold to the SOB in the 1980s and had been running as BDt pilot coaches since then. The BT pilot coaches were running with either the so-called married pair coaches or with regular BT EWI stock. Other BT consists were running using one of the ABt from the original BDe EAV acquisitions and the other was running on the renovated ABt 141 rebuilt out of an older pilot coach.

I have seen photos of the models (and my Wabu coaches) have different UIC numbers. Can you clarify when the coaches would have had which markings 50 47, 50 48. I seem to recall some rolling stock also had 50 62.

This is information that I remember seeing on a website, but that website, like a lot of others from 1998-2010 is no longer actively hosted.

Am 27.10.2020 um 23:47 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Can you clarify when the coaches would have had which markings 50 47, 50 48. I seem to recall some rolling stock also had 50 62.
The EW IV were delivered with 50 62 numbers but renumbered after a few months. into
50 47 for SOB
50 48 for BT
After merger all vehicles got 50 48 numbers.

2013 numbers changed to 50 85 an many vehicles had to be renumbered, in order to avoid doubles with vheicles of other companies.

Markus