Station building plans

Alan McMillan

I’m not sure if this message qualifies as a modelling subject or real life subject since it straddles both so my apologies if I’ve got it wrong. Anyway, here goes…

I’m looking for plans that would enable me to build a station building for my planned layout. It will be based in the seventies so I’m looking for a traditional “house” sort of style, most of which were bulldozed as part of the Bahn 2000 project.

Possibilities I have seen are: Henggart, Kradolf, Eschlikon, St. Gallen (Bruggen), Flawil, Gland, Allaman and Niederwangen.

As a former modeller of British Railways, I’m used to a dizzying array of information on every railway related subject imaginable going back to the year dot but finding historical information on even the recent past of the SBB has been significantly more difficult so if anyone can help me in this quest I’d be eternally grateful.

csipromo

https://www.amazon.de/Bahnhöfe-Schweiz-Modellbahn-Grosse-Gleispläne/dp/3765471607

This might be one suggestion (photos and track plans)

These websites might provide some photos:
https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/98009-a-few-of-dave-fs-european-railway-photos-updated-16th-january-2018/&
https://bahnbilder-von-max.ch/sbb/index.html
http://www.polier.ch/page/archiv/Sutter/Sutter.htm

Here are some other ones you can consider: Wollerau (SOB), Wassen, Immensee, Meggen (which became a model train store Suter-Meggen)
There are many former stations where the extra tracks may have been removed, but the station building still remains.

glenn allen

Subject: [SwissRail] Station building plans

<snip>I’m looking for plans that would enable me to build a station building for my planned layout. It will be based in the seventies so I’m looking for a traditional “house” sort of style, most of which were bulldozed as part of the Bahn 2000 project.
Possibilities I have seen are: Henggart, Kradolf, Eschlikon, St. Gallen (Bruggen), Flawil, Gland, Allaman and Niederwangen.
you might find some bits here :
https://www.sbbarchiv.ch/detail.aspx?id=328479

as an example. Flawil.

Martin Baumann

Simplfied track plans for stations can be found in each edition of SCHIENENNETZ SCHWEIZ or BAHNPROFIL SCHWEIZ by the late Hans Wagli.

https://www.gleisplaene-schweiz.ch

may be of use though it seems to be down at present

Guerbetaler

Am 25.10.2020 um 21:00 schrieb Martin Baumann:
Simplfied track plans
I think Alan asked for plans of stations buildings, not for track plans...

I found this: https://bellevue.nzz.ch/reisen-entdecken/die-schoensten-schweizer-bahnhoefe-ld.1379965
The Kibri model of Maienfeld looks pretty nice

Is he looking for external dimensions or internal diagrams (layout)?

Regards

Mike Cherna

Alan McMillan

I think Alan asked for plans of stations buildings, not for track plans...
Hi Markus.
Yes it's station building plans rather than track plans. Thanks to all for the responses. I'll now have a good look to see what would best suit my layout situation.

Alan

Peter Pexton

On Monday, 26 October 2020, 18:03:12 GMT, csipromo via groups.io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I found this: https://bellevue.nzz.ch/reisen-entdecken/die-schoensten-schweizer-bahnhoefe-ld.1379965
The Kibri model of Maienfeld looks pretty nice
It is a nice model of Maienfeld
Not quite the era we wanted so will (eventually) modify itRegardsPeter

Mick Sasse

I found this: https://bellevue.nzz.ch/reisen-entdecken/die-schoensten-schweizer-bahnhoefe-ld.1379965
The Kibri model of Maienfeld looks pretty nice
... Though how you can list the most beautiful stations in Switzerland without including any from the RhB network beats me!! Langwies or Litzirüti, anyone?!

Mick

csipromo

Alan,

I don't know if you have ever dealt with Roger Suter (super-meggen.ch). For many years, his shop was located in the station building at Meggen, between Immensee and Lucerne. He might be an excellent resource since the building his shop was located in corresponds pretty much to the style you seem to be interested in.

https://www.suter-meggen.ch/Bahnhof%20Meggen/bahnhof_pfeil.jpg

https://www.deonag.ch/home/projekte-chronologisch/2009-sanierung-bahnhof-meggen/

The Kibri "Solis" and "Surava" might be suitable.
Some of the buildings are very region specific and would not normally be found in another region. Some modellers prefer models that are generically Swiss, but do not fit only one specific region.

If you are modelling the Loetschberg, the Blausee-Mitholz or Daerligen might be of interest. If you are modelling RhB, maybe Gruesch, Susch, Solis, Surava, etc.

There are some small production (laser cut) and other models that can be found in Swiss shops.

Am 26.10.2020 um 21:41 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
If you are modelling the Loetschberg
Mülenen station is very interesting. And have a look at photos of this station in 2007 and then in 2013!
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:M%C3%BClenen_railway_station>

Markus, Gürbetal

Tim Johnson

On 10/26/2020 1:41 PM, csipromo via groups.io wrote:
If you are modelling the Loetschberg, the Blausee-Mitholz or Daerligen might be of interest. If you are modelling RhB, maybe Gruesch, Susch, Solis, Surava, etc.
Pola has a beautiful Susch model, and Vollmer makes a great Daerligen.

Tim
Timothy A Johnson, Tucson, AZ (www.sbb-bls-bahnen.com)
Member of European Train Enthusiasts (www.ete.org)

Alan McMillan