[Swiss Rail] railway rescue cranes Ep. IV - V- VI SBB

tms460

Hello,

Could pleae help me with confirmed informations regarding railway rescue cranes in Switzerland

for Ep. IV - V - VI [now], meaning depot locations, cranes types and loading

capacity, lokomotive used, how they work with rescue trains...etc

My model target reads => how to build SBB model rescue train in H0 scale for Ep IV -V including crane.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards from Gdansk,PL
Tomasz Sztencel

csipromo

There are a couple of photos of cranes at www.railfaneurope.net under http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/work/crane/pix.html and rescue trains at http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/work/rescue/pix.html

I do not see photos of a rescue train with a crane attached.

I found this entry for Hilfszug on Wikipedia. There is a section on the SBB
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilfszug_(Eisenbahn)

In case of heavier work, the SBB might request a private company like Vanoli or Sersa come to their assistance with one of their Kirov cranes
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/work/Vanoli/vanoli20021226564.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/work/Vanoli/vanoli20021226587.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/work/Sersa/crane/KRC458-2S_180402-17rp.jpg

Here is a photo of a work train, including a crane used to build bridges. It may be SBB or belong to a private company. It does seem to have SBB markings:
https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~e-loks~re-44-ii-sbb-re-420/1191076/bauzug-mit-re-44-ii-11273.html

This might provide more information:
https://www.lokifahrer.ch/Strecken/Intervention/Kranwagen.htm

Am 14.04.2021 um 12:24 schrieb tms460 via groups.io:
Could pleae help me with confirmed informations regarding railway rescue cranes in Switzerland

It's worth mentioning that cranes haven't been the first choice of rescue equipment in Switzerland. You can only use a crane after taking away the overhead wire. And you need enough space for a crane to turn. And you need an undamaged track to get near enough to the site.

After a derailment vehicles are rerailed with hydraulic jacks, ropes and come-along (Habegger). If the use of cranes is possible, cranes from work places are taken. The Kirow cranes, standard and narrow gauge, have been seen clearing wreckages. But their normal use is to place points and bridges. Often a road crane comes to help as they can be placed independently from the rails.

The overturned GEX-coaches had been lifted with the SERSA-Kirow-crane from one side and a road crane, brought to the site on a flat car, on the other side.

Markus, Gürbetal

tms460

Now it pretty clear that SBB focus mostly on hydraulic equipment foe Habegger but not on railaway rescue trains.
Therefore my SBB model rescue train in H0 will consist of 2 cranes plus rescue train waggons.
1 - Goliath - Trix 23540 - max. payload 150 t.2 - EDK 750 - Roco 43035 - max. payload 125 t.
The rescue train is leased from DB on emergency basis to support SBB rescue teams. :-)

tms460

Thank you information.

The links below confirms my assumption as there is no railway rescue cranes as such on Swiss rail network.

Only "Bau Groosse Kranes" are used in case of need plus truck mobile ones.