Vintage Swiss rail video from 1989

csipromo

As the Vauban was not part of the SBB-FS Joint venture, it did not come under the Cisalpino banner.

I said the last delivery was in 1985. I meant to say that the last order was 1985. It is quite possible that deliveries continued for another 3 years.
I also said that subsequent deliveries of 2nd class coaches came from the UIC-Z series. I mean subsequent to 1985. The first delivery of the new Bz coaches came around 1987. Those coaches were painted to match the existing Gran Comfort coaches, in the Bandiera livery. Prior to that, 2nd class rolling stock had come from the UIC-X production.

I hope that clears up my statement.

Am 15.11.2020 um 22:33 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
As the Vauban was not part of the SBB-FS Joint venture, it did not
come under the Cisalpino banner.
Cisalpino traffic with loco-hauled trains started in July 2004 from Zürich (EA 4/2004) and was extended in December 2004 to trains Basel - Bern - Milano and Genève - Milano. In December 2005 the remaining trains (via Luzern and some more from Zürich) became Cisalpino trains.

By December 2004 the Vauban was restricted to Brig and there was no reason to include Italian coaches after that date.

Markus, Gürbetal