Topics

Voralpen Express coaches sold to Hungary

Martin Baumann

Edited

MÁV Historic have bought the following

A 50 85 18-35 712-6
A 50 85 18-35 713-4
A 50 85 18-35 714-2
A 50 85 18-35 716-7
A 50 85 18-35 717-5

B 50 85 20-35 721-3
B 50 85 20-35 725-4
B 50 85 20-35 729-6

B 50 85 20-35 733-8
B 50 85 20-35 734-6
B 50 85 20-35 735-3
B 50 85 20-35 736-1

BR 50 85 85-35 741-3
BR 50 85 85-35 743-9
BR 50 85 85-35 744-7
BR 50 85 85-35 745-4

8 were stored in Wittenbach and 8 in Rorschach. They were collected by DSF BDe 4/4 80 and hauled to Buchs yesterday where MRCE 182 527 took over. The 16 coaches totalled 604 tons and were noted heading towards Hegyshalom on the Ostbahn at 11:15 today

https://bahnbilder.ch/picture/35995

Guerbetaler

Am 16.04.2020 um 13:31 schrieb Martin Baumann:
MÁV Historic have bought the following
Do M61 locomotives provide 1000 V ac for the coaches?

Markus, Gürbetal

Mick Sasse

At the risk of getting a bit off-topic, I think heating generator coaches are quite common in Hungary, though I couldn't comment on what voltage they produce.

Mick

[please delete old messages when answering]

Martin Baumann

Unclear from what I can find via google. Only the first two and last two M61 were fitted with electric train heating, the others retained steam

Guerbetaler

Am 17.04.2020 um 00:25 schrieb Martin Baumann:
Only the first two and last two M61 were fitted with electric train
heating, the others retained steam
On recent photos I can only find steam heating pipes.

Am 16.04.2020 um 22:45 schrieb Mick Sasse:
I think heating generator coaches are quite common in Hungary, though
I couldn't comment on what voltage they produce.
The standard in 50 Hz countries is 1500 V. Only the 16.7 Hz countries (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Sweden) have 1000 V. But I think Hungary was partly an exception because of its very early 50 Hz electrification and the traditional connection with Austria. And GySEV had bought many Austrian Schlieren coaches. They also go on 1000 V.

From what I read it could be that the VAE coaches replace Schlieren coaches.

Am 17.04.2020 um 00:44 schrieb OL.Guerbetal via groups.io:
And GySEV had bought many Austrian Schlieren coaches. They also go on
1000 V.
... but were rebuilt for 1500 V 50 Hz. (I found a photo on a Hungarian forum, but I don't understand one word from what they write... The photo was posted by a man who's nickname is "RhB"!)

Markus

Toma Bacic

In total 23 Revvivo passenger cars were sold (6 A, 11 B and 6 Bistro cars)
to MÁV Nosztalgia Kft.
Approximate value was:
https://www.voralpen-express.ch/fileadmin/images/reiseinfos/Fahrzeugverkaufspreise.pdf

Additional questions - when those cars were manufactured and when were
modernised to Revvivo type?

regards
toma

Am 17.04.2020 um 11:49 schrieb Toma Bacic:
Additional questions - when those cars were manufactured and when
were modernised to Revvivo type?
Original delivery of these coaches was 1956 until 1965 and rebuild was 1997-2000, with a prototype, meanwhile scrapped, arriving in 1995. All except four BR 741-744 were ex SBB B EW I. BR 741-744 were ex BT AB 251-254 of 1964. Detailed list will follow. B 735-736 didn't get new bogies. A total of 32 Revvivos were built. 4 are still in use with SOB.

Am 17.04.2020 um 11:49 schrieb Toma Bacic:
In total 23 Revvivo passenger cars were sold (6 A, 11 B and 6 Bistro cars)
With 2 A and 2 B sold to France, this would leave SOB with 1 BR and 3 B, but currently 4 B are still in use.

A 50 85 18-35 711-718, 715/718 France
B 50 85 20-35 721-736, 726/730 France
BR 50 85 85-35 741-748, 748 scrapped

Markus, Gürbetal

Andrew Moglestue

Just my 5 Rappen here.

The Schlieren coaches are with GySev. GySev is not the same as MÁV historic . Furthermore the present GySev Schlieren fleet is all second class and there are no catering vehicles . Thus the Voralpen Express stock discussed is an unlikely replacement . Lastly I was under the impression that GySev has moved beyond its phase of buying everything second hand and now has the means to buy new rolling stock, for example the new Flirts they are presently getting.

If I may propose my own theory,MÁV discontinued all on-train catering some years ago with the exception of a small number of international WRs . Today there is talk of bringing some back. For example last year during the summer months there was a WR on the Balaton Express, actually, if I was informed correctly , loaned by MÁV historic . They didn’t serve full meals but more ice cream, beer, hotdogs and burgers. Which I suppose is what Balaton tourists want to eat and drink. So maybe a full WR was an overkill . If this is to become a more permanent feature they need more suitable catering vehicles for which the Voralpen cars are suitable in my opinion . As this is obviously a seasonal service . Hardly anybody goes to the balaton outside the summer season. Thus new vehicles cannot be justified . So this is maybe a solution. Just my personal theory of course . I have no proof for any of this .

OL.Guerbetal

Am 18.04.2020 um 09:21 schrieb Andrew Moglestue via groups.io:
The Schlieren coaches are with GySev.
MAV Nostalgia also has some. First class!
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Apz_17-36_002-3_MAV_Nosztalgia.jpg>

Listed within this:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einheitswagen_(Schweiz,_Normalspur)

[please delete old messages when answering]

csipromo

Gordon, please correct your link

Am 23.04.2020 um 20:27 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Gordon, please correct your link
Gordon's link is correct and works fine from my Thunderbird mail program. However, the link isn't displayed cprrectly when reading the message online. The problem is the closing bracket in the link. We can try to enclose the link with < > but I'm not sure if it works. We will see:

<https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einheitswagen_(Schweiz,_Normalspur)>

Four more were sent yesterday:

A 50 85 18-35 711-8

B 50 85 20-35 722-1

BR 50 85 85-35 746-2

BR 50 85 85-35 747-0

csipromo

A photo of the latest 4 to be transferred can be found here:

https://bahnbilder.ch/picture/37025

A post on DSO has some photos of the current appearance of the ex-VAE coaches used by LE Train des Mouettes:
https://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?031,9391901

The post also includes a link to another DSO post (about the MAV ex-VAE coaches) which includes this link to Facebook, showing the new livery of the coaches there:
https://www.facebook.com/mavnosztalgia/photos/a.1447499425514116/2685751358355577/