WRS Vectrons

Martin Baumann

I was unaware that Widmer had ordered Vectrons but two have appeared in Regensburg for commissioning:

91 85 4475 901-5 CH-WRS (Siemens 22897)

91 85 4475 902-3 CH-WRS (Siemens 22898)

csipromo

Interesting. According to Railcolor.net, they were sold to Widmer. They don't seem to have been manufactured for WRS, but rather were either Siemens' stock or were sold to WRS after having been commissioned for somebody else.

Swiss numbering rules for companies used to be ending with 0 for SBB (420, 460, 620, etc) and private had different digits. BLS tractive power ended with 5 (425, 465, etc). SOB/BT/Sihltalbahn/MThB/etc had digits ending with 6 (446, 456, etc) . This seemed to have changed with BLS acquired the former SBB Re 420 and they kept the Re 420 designation, although were labelled as 420.5. The RailCare Vectrons were labelled 486 and the SRT Traxx was labelled 487, so I don't really know whether WRS should fall under 5, 6 or 7.

I am curious as to why so many of these new locomotives are DACHINL and why the companies have not also added Belgium to the homologation, as it seems to me that Antwerp, Ghent and Oostende are also sources for transalpine traffic that these companies might want to compete for.

I don't know how long the lease/rental of the Hupac Vectrons was supposed to last and whether these new locomotives will be replacing those in the WRS fleet. I guess that we will find out more in the coming weeks.

Apparently it was covered by Railcolor.net as far back as later January 2020.

MC

csipromo

Interesting that any reference to 22898 or 475 902 has disappeared from the railcolor.net website.
Now says "No Locomotives Found"

I finally found some photos of the two new WRS Vectrons on Bahnbilder.de

https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~unternehmen~widmer-rail-services-ag/1236416/die-beiden-fabrikneuen-vectronen-475-901.html
https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~unternehmen~widmer-rail-services-ag/1236417/die-beiden-fabrikneuen-vectronen-475-901.html

Does anybody know more about the artwork on 475 902?
475 901 looks to have pretty much the same livery as the ones leased from Hupac.

Can anybody explain to me why it is 475 and not 476 or even 193?

Am 13.12.2020 um 04:24 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Can anybody explain to me why it is 475 and not 476 or even 193?
Can you explain, why it should be 476 or 193?

All Swiss-registered Vectrons are 475, Vectrons with additional Diesel power pack are 476.

Markus

Ewan Tait

On Sunday, 13 December 2020, csipromo wrote:
Can anybody explain to me why it is 475 and not 476 or even 193?
Br 193 is the German classification. The WRS Re 475s are registered in
Switzerland, thus use the Swiss classification system.

Rem 476 is a bi-mode Vectron with last mile shunting engine. The WRS Re
475s are electric only.

Cheers,
Ewan

--
http://ewan.me.uk

csipromo

I assumed that the difference between the BLS (475) and RailCare (476) was the classic difference in assigning numbers ending with 0 to SBB, 5 to BLS and 6 to other operators. Which is why the SBB has Re 460, BLS has Re 465 and SOB had Re 446/456.
I assumed that the indication for additional diesel power packs was the notation "Rem" instead of "Re".

According to norms, the WRS Loks should have been Re 476. Hence, my question.

When Bombardier produced the Re 484, they produced more units than the SBB order. Those units were possibly manufactured in anticipation of an additional order or in case other operators decided they wanted similarly outfitted models. Those units under up with Lokpool/MRCE as 484 90X.

I was wondering if Siemens tagged the WRS order onto the tail end of the production run of the new BLS Vectrons and therefore simply labelled them as 475 90X.

Sorry, I typed "Those units ended up with Lokpool/MRCE" and my computer decided that what I really wanted to say was "under up".

MC

Guerbetaler

Am 13.12.2020 um 17:21 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
I assumed that the difference between the BLS (475) and RailCare
(476) was the classic difference in assigning numbers ending with 0
to SBB
That had been the old times when railway companies still could assign number to vehicles. Nowadays numbers are assigned by the authorities.

The rule you mentioned had been left more than a decade ago.

MArkus, G├╝rbetal

csipromo

Thanks for that information.

Mike C